Form and Fuel (“F2” or “we”, “us”, “our”) recognizes the importance of privacy and the sensitivity of personal information.
Your Privacy Rights
Under the Privacy Laws, Form and Fuel is required to collect, use and disclose personal information only by lawful and fair means. To ensure this accountability, we have developed this policy, and trained our staff about our policies and practices.
What is “personal information?”
Personal information is any information that identifies you, or by which your identity could be deduced.
Why do we collect personal information from you?
We collect personal information from you to:
- Learn about you and your fitness goals and other related objectives to help you achieve them;
- Create a unique profile on our website in order to provide relevant and targeted offers to you;
- Better understand your preferences and tailor offers and services to you based on those preferences;
- Better understand our website usage and trends, to improve our service performance, and build knowledge around user attitudes and motivations around health and fitness.
When will we collect personal information from you?
We will collect information that you provide to us in connection with your use of our services when you:
- register and create an account for our personal coaching program;
- make changes to your user profile information;
- purchase any of our products or services;
- complete offers or surveys through the use of our services;and
- send email messages, queries, or other information to us, including posting our members discussion boards or groups.
Wherever possible, we collect personal information directly from you. Where applicable, we may also obtain information about you from other sources. That is, if you register for our programing via a third-party social media network, you authorize Form and Fuel to collect from the third-party network the personal information you provided in your third-party network account so that we may pre-populate the registration and other relevant fields of your F2 Coaching Program user profile.
Your use of third-party networks remains subject to the terms and conditions and policies you have agreed to with such third-party network providers. For example, if you join the F2 Facebook Group associated with your F2 Coaching Program, we and other users of Facebook may be able to view your profile and the posts you submit, depending on your privacy settings. Your use of third-party platforms remains subject to the terms and conditions and privacy policies of such platforms, such as Facebook’s Terms of Service available here and Data Policy available here.
Types of personal information collected
If you sign up for our program and/or services you will be required to provide your name, email address, mobile phone number, and payment card information (including your credit card number, expiry date, and CVC/CVV) in order to register.
You may be asked to provide additional information such as alternate contact information, your full home address, date of birth, gender, physical measurements or attributes, and other more detailed information about your lifestyle (including but not limited to: employment, preferences, habits, personal routine) in order create a personalized program.
In addition, as a tool to help assess your progress, Form and Fuel may ask you to upload photographs of yourself periodically that you can request be anonymized. The photo upload feature is optional and you can choose to stop uploading photos at any time. Should you choose to upload photos, these progress photos will only be viewed by Form and Fuel coaching staff and will not be otherwise used or disclosed unless you provide your express permission for Form and Fuel to do so.
Disclosure of your Personal Information
We do not sell, rent or otherwise disclose any additional personal information to any third-party to enable them to market their products and services. Any information provided to any third-party will only be provided at the aggregate or de-identified level such that no individual can be uniquely identified or linked to the information.
Under certain circumstances, Form and Fuel will disclose your personal information:
- when we are required our authorized by law to do so, for example if a court issues a subpoena;
- when you have consented to the disclosure;
- where it is necessary to establish or collect amounts owed to us.
Transfer to Service Providers
In addition to the disclosures listed above, we transfer information to our service providers for processing and/or storage. We require that our service providers use reasonable safeguards to protection personal information under their control from loss, theft and unauthorized modification and disclosure. Our service providers are only permitted to use your personal information in order to provide services to us; for example, the following types of information are provided to our service providers for processing and/or storage:
- Information automatically collected through the website: The information automatically collected about you that is provided to our service providers may include, but is not limited to: device ID, device type, browser type and version, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from our website, ad data, IP address and standard web log information.
- Cookies and Web Beacons: Information about your use of our services, as evidenced through cookies, locally stored objects, and web beacons may be disclosed to our service providers. Cookies are small bits of information that are transferred to and stored in separate files within your computer or phone's browser. A cookie may remain on your computer or phone after the session finishes (until the cookie expires or is deleted by you).
In addition, we provide the following information to third-party analytics service providers:
- Information about your activities on our website; and
We may transfer any information we have about you in connection with a merger or sale involving all or part of our business or as part of a corporate reorganization or stock sale or other change in corporate control.
Effect of Consent
Updating Your Information
Since we use your personal information to provide services to you, it is important that the information be accurate and up-to-date. If any of your information changes, please inform us so that we can make any necessary changes.
Is My Personal Information Secure?
Form and Fuel takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that your personal information is kept safe from loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. Among the steps taken to protect your information are:
- premises security;
- restricted file access to personal information;
- deploying technological safeguards such as security software and firewalls to prevent hacking or unauthorized computer access; and
- internal password and security policies.
Access to Your Personal Information
You may ask for access to any personal information we hold about you. Summary information is available on request. More detailed requests which require archive or other retrieval costs may be subject to our normal administrative fees.
If Form and Fuel holds information about you and if you can establish that it is not accurate, complete and up-to-date, Form and Fuel will take reasonable steps to correct it.
Can I be Denied Access to My Personal Information?
Your rights to access your personal information are not absolute. We may deny access when:
- denial of access is required or authorized by law;
- when granting you access would have an unreasonable impact on other people's privacy, unless the requested information is severable from the personal information of other people; and
- to protect Form and Fuel's confidential commercial information.
If we deny your request for access to, or refuse a request to correct information, we shall explain why.
Form and Fuel does not use your Social Security Number, or any other government issued identification, as a way of identifying or organizing the information we hold about you.
How Long do you Keep my Personal Information?
We keep your personal information as long as is reasonably necessary for us to complete our dealings with you, or as may be required by law, whichever is longer.
Communicating with Us
You should be aware that email is not a 100% secure medium, and you should be aware of this when contacting us to send personal or confidential information.
On our website, like most other commercial websites, we may monitor traffic patterns, site usage and related site information in order to optimize our web service. We may provide aggregated information to third parties, but these statistics do not include any identifiable personal information.